Every year ASCE surveys its members about public policy issues impacting the civil engineering profession. The Public Policy Committee and Government Relations staff use the results to identify top federal and state priorities (http://www.asce.org/priority_issues/). The Board of Directors then approves the final list. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to weigh in on the top public policy issues for next year. Please take the survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/asce2017IssuesSurvey) and share it with your ASCE network today!
Documents from the presentation can be found below.
Please join us and Tim Cahill of HNTB to discuss sustainability and the San Francisco 49ers Stadium in Santa Clara, California. Register by clicking here.
The ASCE Pipelines Conference will be held in Kansas City July 17-20, 2016.
Top 5 Reasons to Attend:
- NEW! Pipelines 2016 is part of the new Utility Engineering & Surveying Institute of ASCE and the program will be expanded to include Utility Engineering and Surveying along with technical sessions involving pipeline planning, designing, constructing, renewing, operating, managing and maintaining the lifeline assets.
- Earn professional development hours (PDHs).
- Network with industry leaders and make valuable contacts at featured conference special events.
- See new products and make valuable contacts by visiting a packed Exhibit Hall.
- Discover all the city has to offer; the Jazz District, authentic Kansas City barbecue, and a variety of museums.
Click here to learn more.
Seeking a Talented Construction Engineer in Lees Summit area with The Laclede Group
TAKE CHARGE of your career by inquiring about this opportunity
Responsible for coordinating road improvement plans, sewer plans, and development plans from municipalities, engineering firms, and developers so that conflicts with our existing gas facilities can be determined and minimized. Also responsible for completing engineering designs and cost estimates for all types of main and service work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle calls and correspondence from Construction and Maintenance foremen, general foremen, civic inspectors, the sales department, and other Company departments regarding the status of jobs and projects
- Handle calls and correspondence from outside the company (municipalities, engineering firms, developers) to process the needed information to coordinate the Company’s facilities with proposed improvements and development
- Schedule and prioritize projects that are going to construction or have a higher priority due to the Company’s requirements
- Prepare necessary paperwork related to the Company’s procedures for gas main and service work as required, including utility agreements and other documents
- Completes engineering designs and cost estimates using GIS for all types of main and service work
- Complete engineering specifications and designs for new pipe installations, regulator stations, code compliance, improvements, construction/gas conditioning equipment and instrumentation, and retirements of pipeline systems for natural gas and propane pipelines
- Attend utility meetings and pre-construction meetings to negotiate with representatives from engineering firms and municipalities to reduce the impact of proposed improvements to the Company’s existing facilities
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, (Civil, Chemical or Mechanical preferred)
- Three years of related engineering experience
- Two years of practical design experience and interaction with road/highway agencies
Certificates/Licenses: Valid driver’s license
Follow the link to apply: ConstructionEngineer_LaceldeGroup
Work Environment: Normal office conditions
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Laclede Group, Inc., and its subsidiaries are an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information, please click on the following links: About the EEO law and EEO law supplement.
The ASCE Kansas City Section Board is looking for your support through the Meeting Sponsorship Program!
This opportunity will allow civil engineering firms, vendors, manufacturers, contractors and entities gain valuable market exposure by actively sponsoring monthly breakfast, luncheon or dinner meetings. There is a distinct advantage to be recognized at these meetings, where various members of the engineering and construction community gather.
The criterion for the Meeting Sponsorship Program is as follows:
- One (1) Sponsor per meeting
- Sponsor name appears on meeting invitation
- A table space will be available, just inside the entrance to the meeting area, for the Sponsor to arrange a display and have a couple of representatives to make promotional materials available.
- Two (2) lunches for Sponsor representatives
- Sponsor introduction with a 5-minute presentation at the beginning of the meeting
- Display the Sponsor logo on the welcome screen before the program
- A donation of $300 (check made out to “ASCE Kansas City Section”)
Please see the upcoming meetings dates below:
- January 19th, 2016: Joint meeting with EWRI.
- February 16th, 2016: Joint meeting with KSPE.
- March 15th, 2016: Joint meeting with APWA.
We look forward to working with you to help improve networking familiarity in the metro area. If you have any questions, please contact Mike Schmitz, PE (email@example.com)