Last Fall, the KC Section was recognized by the KU School of Engineering as one of their Engineering Industry Partners. During this event, the School of Engineering highlighted the Innovations and Research ongoing in their Lawrence campus. The KC Section is proud to support the University of Missouri – Kansas City and the University of Kansas in Lawrence through the annual fundraising efforts of Geotechnical Committee within the Kansas City Section.
The Diversity and Inclusion Committee of the KC Section volunteered with the SWE KC Chapter on November 29th to give back at Harvesters. The group had 15 volunteers which were separated into two groups, one sorted non-perishable items and the other sorted glass goods. Thank you to Nicole Tauheed (D&I Committee Chair) for providing this joint opportunity to make an impact in our Kansas City community!
Every year ASCE surveys its members about public policy issues impacting the civil engineering profession. The Public Policy Committee and Government Relations staff use the results to identify top federal and state priorities (http://www.asce.org/priority_issues/). The Board of Directors then approves the final list. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to weigh in on the top public policy issues for next year. Please take the survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/asce2017IssuesSurvey) and share it with your ASCE network today!
Documents from the presentation can be found below.
Please join us and Tim Cahill of HNTB to discuss sustainability and the San Francisco 49ers Stadium in Santa Clara, California. Register by clicking here.
The ASCE Pipelines Conference will be held in Kansas City July 17-20, 2016.
Top 5 Reasons to Attend:
- NEW! Pipelines 2016 is part of the new Utility Engineering & Surveying Institute of ASCE and the program will be expanded to include Utility Engineering and Surveying along with technical sessions involving pipeline planning, designing, constructing, renewing, operating, managing and maintaining the lifeline assets.
- Earn professional development hours (PDHs).
- Network with industry leaders and make valuable contacts at featured conference special events.
- See new products and make valuable contacts by visiting a packed Exhibit Hall.
- Discover all the city has to offer; the Jazz District, authentic Kansas City barbecue, and a variety of museums.
Click here to learn more.