Seeking a Talented Construction Engineer in Lees Summit area with The Laclede Group
TAKE CHARGE of your career by inquiring about this opportunity
Responsible for coordinating road improvement plans, sewer plans, and development plans from municipalities, engineering firms, and developers so that conflicts with our existing gas facilities can be determined and minimized. Also responsible for completing engineering designs and cost estimates for all types of main and service work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle calls and correspondence from Construction and Maintenance foremen, general foremen, civic inspectors, the sales department, and other Company departments regarding the status of jobs and projects
- Handle calls and correspondence from outside the company (municipalities, engineering firms, developers) to process the needed information to coordinate the Company’s facilities with proposed improvements and development
- Schedule and prioritize projects that are going to construction or have a higher priority due to the Company’s requirements
- Prepare necessary paperwork related to the Company’s procedures for gas main and service work as required, including utility agreements and other documents
- Completes engineering designs and cost estimates using GIS for all types of main and service work
- Complete engineering specifications and designs for new pipe installations, regulator stations, code compliance, improvements, construction/gas conditioning equipment and instrumentation, and retirements of pipeline systems for natural gas and propane pipelines
- Attend utility meetings and pre-construction meetings to negotiate with representatives from engineering firms and municipalities to reduce the impact of proposed improvements to the Company’s existing facilities
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, (Civil, Chemical or Mechanical preferred)
- Three years of related engineering experience
- Two years of practical design experience and interaction with road/highway agencies
Certificates/Licenses: Valid driver’s license
Follow the link to apply: ConstructionEngineer_LaceldeGroup
Work Environment: Normal office conditions
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Laclede Group, Inc., and its subsidiaries are an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information, please click on the following links: About the EEO law and EEO law supplement.