“Construction managers are the singular key individuals that lead project teams to success. Through pre-emptive leadership, construction risks and issues are mitigated or overcome to deliver projects within cost, on time, and of the highest quality.”
KEYNOTE Speaker Jim Rispoli, P.E., F.ASCE, President of Project Time & Cost and former Assistant Secretary of Energy will present unique project examples that explore leadership techniques that led to project success.
ASCE/CI and Washington University are teaming up to present the 1st Annual CI Construction Summit – a multi-track construction engineering specialty conference for industry leaders, dedicated to in-depth discussions and providing practical solutions to the new rules and requirements of contracting and project delivery success.
Conference Sessions Include:
- Pre-Conference Workshop on Fall Protection – covering the new ANSI/ASSE A.10 Standard on Fall Protection – October 12, 2011
- Claims Avoidance and Resolution – Delays and claims are unavoidable. Learn to effectively deal with them and solve disputes.
- Construction Safety – Safety is paramount to any construction project. Industry experts discuss construction safety best practices and prevention through design
- Underground Construction Technology and Utility Mapping Standards – New technologies and standards increase accuracy and precision and reduce damage.
- Contract Documents – Public contracting, design/build, PPPs, and the keys to contracting success
- Quality Management – QM Body of Knowledge, Special Inspection Responsibilities, Managing the Quality of Digital Design Information
- Environmental Concerns and Regulations – Case Study: The Maryland Inter-County Connector – a world class environmental plan – exceeding the owner’s requirements through innovation and world class mitigation solutions
Questions? Please contact Erin Santiago or (703) 295-6076.